Strengthening the PSEAH capacities of local partners in Cambodia – Cambodia
Johanniter International Assistance undertakes to prevent and respond to the PSEAH. Johanniter has zero tolerance towards SEAH and all forms of harm towards children and adolescents. Johanniter is in the process of implementing a grant agreement with two partner organizations, namely Bandos Komar Association (BK) and Child Rights Foundation (CRF). With financial support from the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), these two partners (BK and CRF) are undertaking a project named “CLIMATE – Building the resilience and adaptive capacity of children and communities for a safe and livable future”. The project includes a capacity development component, strengthening both partners organizationally and programmatically. Johanniter is therefore looking for a consultant to help partners achieve the minimum standards for PSEAH and create an organizational roadmap for this process. Johanniter meets IASC Minimum Operating Standards and is a member of the CHS Alliance.
Johanniter is looking for an international consultant to help the above partners become safer organizations. Both organizations have completed the IASC PSEA self-assessment tool.
A more detailed assessment including risk assessment and mapping is needed to support partners with an action plan contextualized to their individual needs and scope of work. After completion of the assessment, the consultant should organize training presenting the results to senior management and support in developing an action plan with concrete steps and milestones for three years.
- Provide an initial report, which includes the work methodology to be followed to ensure the achievement of the objectives.
- Draft roadmap report for each of the two partners before the training
- Design and facilitation of a two-day PSEAH training for partners (regarding the implementation of roadmaps)
- Draft final roadmap reports for partners to map their individual process towards the PSEA Minimum Standard
Payment schedule: Payment will be made as follows:
- 1st payment: (30%) Satisfactory submission of approved inception report and proposed methodology under Deliverable 1.
- 2nd payment: (30%) after satisfactory submission of the draft roadmap report for each of the two partners before the training, under deliverable n° 3.
- 3rd payment: (40%) upon submission of deliverables under deliverable # 4
Completion of this work is expected to take a maximum of twenty (20) days after signing the contract, during August 2022. The consultation must be finalized by the end of August 2022 or can be negotiated.
Essential consulting experience
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in the development sector or related field such as research, NGO work, etc.
- Relevant and proven work experience in the PSEAH sector, preferably according to IASC and CHS Alliance.
- Experience in organizational capacity development with national NGOs
- High quality communication skills, including report writing.
- Experience writing high quality reports, incorporating written feedback and responding to feedback from multiple stakeholders
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Strong relationship management skills
- Ability to manage available time and resources and work to tight deadlines
The criterion which will serve as the basis for the evaluation of offers is the combined scoring method – where essential qualifications or experience will be weighted to the max. of 70%, and combined with the price offer which will be weighted at a maximum of 30%.
How to register
Interested candidates should apply with the following documents:
- Cover letter detailing why they are suitable for the consultant
- Daily rate (including taxes) in USD that covers travel to Cambodia, accommodation and living expenses
- A copy of a similar report/process the consultant has undertaken (submitted as an example).
Please note that the deadline for applications is July 10, 2022 at 5 p.m. Please note that Johanniter will cover the costs and logistics associated with the two-day training, which will be held at a venue in Phnom Penh.
Interested candidates should submit their application to [email protected] and send an email to the above email address to request further information regarding the above terms of reference.